1. My name at birth was Melinda Rose. I went by Melinda in school. When I got to college I decided to go by my nickname Mylee.
2. Because of #1, whenever I was out with both high school and college friends, my high school friends would wonder why my college friends were calling me Mylee and my college friends would wonder why my high school friends were calling me Melinda.
3. Growing up, I didn’t like that my parents gave me a two name first name but I did the same thing to my kids: Samantha Matea, Sebastian Gabriel and Sage Victoria.
4. I am a sucker for good song lyrics like The Man Who Can’t Be Moved by The Script or Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.
5. I once ate too many macadamia nuts in one sitting and I now no longer like macadamia nuts.
6. As a child, I fell in the fountain at Hilltop Mall. My siblings told me that if I wanted my mom to buy me some new clothes I could’ve just asked her. It would’ve been easier.
7. I prefer Pepsi over Coke. After giving birth to my first-born, I asked my girlfriend to bring me a case of Pepsi when she came to visit.
8. I bought my first car, a red Acura Integra, the same month the Houston Rockets won the NBA Championship and I named it Rocket Hakeem Olajuwon. Rocket for short.
9. I hope when my daughters find their true loves, they will be loved, cherished and put high up on pedestals. I hope when my son finds his true love he will know exactly how to love her, cherish her and put her high up on a pedestal.
10. I always thought I would live my entire life in the San Francisco Bay Area. But then I visited Portland, Oregon and it was the first time I ever thought “Hey, I could really see myself living here.”
11. I love waking up to the sound of rain against my window. Especially when it’s the weekend and I could sleep in.
12. I aspire to be a runner and hope to participate in a half-marathon one day because a full marathon is just way out of reach for me. Now if I could only peel myself off the couch.
13. I excessively wash my hands which leads me to believe I’m either OCD or a germaphobe. Or both.
14. I always thought I’d marry a Latino man but, as Husband put it, I came back home.
15. I wish I discovered my passion for writing sooner. I might have been able to learn how to be good at it. 🙂
16. I picture myself living in a coastal town when I retire, maybe right on the water, and waking up every morning to the sound of the ocean, having a latte, reading a good book and, of course, writing.
17. Ross Geller is my favorite character on my all time favorite TV series, Friends. Pivot!
18. I believe that I would be a successful contestant on the Wheel of Fortune.
19. If I had the opportunity to change my physical appearance I would change my nose.
20. I did some questionable things back in college with my girlfriends like meet some random guys at a club in San Jose and asking them for a ride back over the hill to Santa Cruz… straight to our boyfriends’ apartment.
21. On the night of my bachelorette party, the party bus that my bridesmaids rented was involved in an accident and I ended up in the ER wearing a t-shirt with a bunch of lifesavers attached to the front and a sign that said “A Buck For A Suck”. Needless to say the ER doctor was easily able to tell that I was the bride-to-be.
22. I think it would be cool to hang out and just shoot the shit with Brendon Urie, Glennon Doyle Melton and Snoop Dogg.
23. My all-time favorite athlete (next to Michael Jordan) is Jerry Rice and when I met him I told him that my first-born was born on his birthday. He acted like it was the coolest thing he had ever heard but I’m guessing he was just trying to be nice.
24. I regret having such a big wedding. If I could do it all over again I’d make it much smaller.
25. I would say that my best personality traits are that I’m, in general, happy and optimistic.